Single or taken, romantic or NOPE – we can all at least agree Valentine’s Day is a perfect excuse to indulge in great food and too much chocolate. Riiiight? Whether you want a candlelit dinner set on white table cloths or a laid-back setting for a Galentine’s celebration – Dallas restaurants have ya covered. And, they’re armed with a slew of specials, themed dishes and prix fixe menus.
Kelsie and I usually host an annual Galentine’s Day party at our place, and it’s become one of our favorite get togethers! Unfortunately, we’re in the middle of a move and half of our kitchen is in boxes. NOT ideal for hosting. Or living. So, we’ve been brainstorming for a Plan B celebration. That very well may mean we take advantage of one of those fancy dinner-for-two specials listed below. Hey, there’s no disclaimer that says it has to be enjoyed with your S.O., yanno?
If you’re hosting a Galentine’s Day soiree (highly recommend), check out these parties for a little inspo (here, here and here)! Fellow single people – don’t let this Hallmark Holiday bum you out. For real. I used to view it as a very pink, flowery reminder I was very solo. But now we see it as a time to celebrate ~love~ of friends, family and food. And champagne.
There is something on this list for every price point and mood, so zero excuse not to take your boo or bestie out for a Valentine’s Day treat!
SPECIAL DINNER FOR TWO:
- DCH’s special three-course menu boasts options like beef tartare, a 16 oz. filet for two, a Berkshire pork chop or even grilled tofu for a veggie lover. Take the $65/person dinner up a notch by adding on a wine and champagne pairing for each course. The ideal steakhouse experience.
- Can’t celebrate V-Day ON Feb. 14? LOCAL has you covered for the entire month of February. The Dallas institution is celebrating its 15-year anniversary with a complimentary champagne cocktail and eight-course menu crafted by Chef Tracy Miller. Any menu that ends with flourless chocolate cake is sure to satisfy.
- The recently renovated French Room is the place to go for an elegant and romantic Valentine’s Day dinner. A seven-course menu showcasing ingredients like Kagoshima Wagyu and Seared Foie Gras runs $195/person, but the evening will undoubtedly be worth every opulent penny. PS: if you want to extend your little V-Day celebration, look into The Adolphus’s “Do Not Disturb” package, which comes complete with a $100 spa credit and breakfast in bed.
- Because allegedly not everyone lives for surf n’ turf. The popular eatery at the Dallas Farmers Market is serving up a four-course menu made for your Vegan Valentine. The $40/person menu includes flatbread and risotto, and Mudhen will pour beer or wine pairings for a little extra cost of $25/person.
- Pappas. Bros is speaking our love language with its three-course menu featuring filet and shrimp. From Feb. 9 to Feb. 14, guests can indulge in an $82/person dinner at one of our favorite steakhouses in the city. Added bonus: each diner will receive complimentary roses on Valentine’s Day! Perfection.
State & Allen
- Valentine’s Day falls on a Wednesday. State & Allen has half-price wine on Wednesdays. There ya go. That’s it.
- The Deep Ellum cocktail bar is shaking, stirring and serving themed drinks to toss back with your gals. The Slap for the whiskey drinkers and The Tickle for my vodka/gin girls. While you’re at it, order the Dirty Tots to share.
- Recently gone through a breakup? The WORST. Flip the script and celebrate “Singles Awareness Day” at Bowl & Barrel’s “Shred Your Ex” party. Guests that bring in a picture of their ex to shred will get to chow down on complimentary passed hors d’oeuvres. Petty, maybe. More fun than succumbing to a tub of ice cream, absolutely.
- In our opinion, the best GNO’s (Girls Night Out, duh) start with Mexican food. Grab a group and head to Jalisco Norte for a four-course prix-fixe menu and lots of margs, of course. Relationships < Tequila.
- Okay, so this isn’t a restaurant but what says Galentine’s better than a spa day? This precious locally owned spa is offering special Valentines-themed services to treat yo’ self (or your girls) to. From a chocolate massage to a wine-infused facial, you’ll fall in love with Vivian’s Valentine’s menu.
NIGHT IN WITH YOU, YOURSELF & A BOTTLE OF WINE:
Your couch won’t judge you for putting on sweats, trash TV and ordering GAPCo pizza AND wings.