Question: is there a more addicting snack than puppy chow? Answer: no. Absolutely not. I know I’m not the only one who could (and maybe sometimes does) eat this stuff by the pound. And how can you make it even more addicting? Make it taste like a giant, decadent s’more.
Hiiii, winter body.
Puppy chow is the perfect snack for football watching parties, (personal) Netflix parties, or to take to work to make your coworkers love you. It’s so simple, can be whipped up in seconds, and then subsequently inhaled in seconds.
I’m a firm believer of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it,” and while the normal puppy chow is dang good, throwing in a few marshmallows only makes it that much better. They’re a hybrid rice krispie treat/puppy chow mix, or, in other words, heaven. The marshmallows clump up with the cereal and make delicious chunks of chocolatey, sugary deliciousness
You could get extra ~crazy~ and use golden graham cereal instead of the traditional chex, but when you’ve just made a giant batch of zesty chex mix, you have leftover chex cereal, and CLEARLY the only logical thing to do is mix it with a bunch of melted chocolate, peanut butter, marshmallows, and powdered sugar.
You guys can thank me later.. by brining me a giant bowl of this stuff.
xo – kels
- 1 C semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 C creamy peanut butter (use a little more if you want!)
- 1 1/2 C marshmallows (mini, or the big ones torn into smaller pieces)
- 6 C chex cereal (I used a mix of rice and corn)
- 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
- Put the powdered sugar into a large ziplock bag or bowl.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, constantly stir the chocolate and peanut butter until melted, being careful not to let the chocolate burn. Once melted, pour in 3/4 C of the marshmallows and stir until almost completely melted. Stir in cereal and the rest of the marshmallows.
- Once coated, dump into bag or bowl and coat with powdered sugar.
- Let cool and serve!
- Feel free to use golden graham cereal instead of the traditional chex!