Everyone knows a good picture is worth a thousand words, or likes, these days. As ~bloggers~ we tend to view the world through a camera lens – be it the DSLR or our handy iPhones. We’re always scoping out picture-perfect spots and backdrops to share with our readers! Thankfully our friends and family have grown accustomed to (and patient with) us taking a million pics of one thing to get it juuust right.
We love that Dallas has so many different neighborhoods and communities each offering their own unique personality and views. Plenty of perfect picture opps and chances to show off how photogenic and cool our city is!
If you need some inspiration for an engagement photoshoot, senior pics or just a really good Insta (no shame), start with this list of the most Insta-worthy spots in Dallas!
Top of Reunion Tower – Downtown
- While the iconic “ball” is everyone’s favorite part of the unmistakable Dallas skyline, the view from inside may be even better. For less than $20, you can travel 470 feet to the top where you’re surrounded by endless views of the city. Highly recommend going for the sunset or at night to capture the glow of the skyline!
LIKEtoKNOW.it mural at The Standard Pour – Uptown
- AKA: the heart wall that every blogger has a pic in front of. Because it’s the cutest backdrop. Dallas-based rewardStyle enlisted local artist Alli Koch to cover the east-facing wall outside of TSP in colorful hearts and simultaneously created the perfect Instagram spot.
- Make the short trip across the Margaret Hunt Hill bridge, park it over near Trinity Groves and look back across the Trinity River to catch the bridge and downtown in one shot! Such a perfect picture spot on a sunny, clear day. And, after you’ve grabbed a couple Insta’s, grab a bite to eat at one of the local restaurants in Trinity Groves!
Giant Eyeball – Downtown
- If you’re new to Dallas or just visiting – this sounds creepy and very bizarre. And, I guess it kind of is? But stick with us – it’s literally a 30-foot tall eyeball sculpture in Downtown Dallas and it is SO iconic. The Giant Eyeball first arrived in 2013, and it has been a must see (HA) ever since. You’ll definitely catch people’s attention with a pic in front of this!
Dallas Strong mural – Bishop Arts
- There are so many amazing murals across Dallas to add color to your feed, but the Dallas Strong wall in Bishop Arts is a personal favorite because it shows what this city is all about. This mural popped up in Bishop Arts following tragic events in July of 2016 as a way to remember the fallen officers and as a sign of unity and love. Snap a pic in front of this wall as a reminder of how our community can come together!
The Traveling Man Statues – Deep Ellum
- Full disclosure – did not know these three massive, metallic installations had a name until we Googled “robot people in Dallas.” But yes, the giant silver robots smiling down on you in Deep Ellum go by “The Traveling Man” and were created by artist Brad Oldham. The statue on the corner of Swiss and Good Latimer glistens in the sun and would be a unique addition to your next Instagram.
There are endless opportunities for the perfect Dallas Instagram post, but those are a few of our favorites! Go explore, bring your camera or pull out your phone, and use #DallasBIGMoments to show off our city!
Discover more fun things to see and do in Dallas by visiting DallasBigMoments.com!
This post was in collaboration with Visit Dallas, but as always, opinions are our own.