Three months until 2018. LOL NO, WHAT. How does that happen. I think every year goes by faster, or at least we say that every year. Kelsie and I are SUCH planners, we end up planning the days, weeks, months, until all of a sudden, time catches up and the year is almost over?!
Fall is by far our favorite time of year, though. It’s a combo of the football, the comfort food, chunky sweaters and holidays galore. So, we want to savor the next couple of months (or however long it takes Winter to arrive here), and do all the cliché Fall-y things we can! We kicked things off in Germany last week with a trip to surprise our Dad and stumbled upon a Fall harvest festival in Frankfurt – obviously the pumpkins were calling our names.
First thing’s first – we stocked up on candles to fill our little abode with warm, welcoming, vanilla -spice scents. By the way, did you know Trader Joe’s has the perfect little seasonal candles for like 3 bucks? Shop some of our favorites – about to buy that “Boo Y’all” banner right now!:
So, now that we’ve broken out our fall décor and set the seasonal mood, here’s our Fall Bucket List!
- Binge on Halloween movies
- Eat (or drink) a pumpkin-spiced something
- Visit the Texas State Fair (and eat all the things)
- Visiting Big Tex is a MUST. But let’s be honest, we’re in it for the Fletcher’s Corn Dogs. And turkey legs. And fried something. And beer.
- Dig into a homemade tailgate spread
- Drink wine by a fire pit
- Currently seeking friends with fire pits.
- Host Friendsgiving
- An annual Aziz sister tradition! We recommend the potluck route or ordering food so you can relax and enjoy time with friends…while sipping this Fall Sangria.
- Enjoy the humidity-free great outdoors
- Can’t think of a better way to start the day than with an early morning walk in the brisk, fresh Fall air. To-go coffee in hand.
- Visit a pumpkin patch
- Just so perfectly cliché and prime photo opps. For Dallasites that could mean visiting Autumn at the Arboretum!
What’s on your bucket list this season?